Future Feeder » Blog Archive » Container City
Use your widget sidebars in the admin Design tab to change this little blurb here. Add the text widget to the Blurb Sidebar!

Container City

March 29th, 2005 | Filed under: Architecture, Building Tech, Pre-Fab, Sustainability, Urbanism | 6 Comments »

Here’s another shipping container housing strategy. With 4 unique shipping container projects under their belt, Urban Space Management is proving the flexibility of recycled containers. Nicholas Lacey’s designs recycle 100% of the shipping containers, look great, build fast, and are affordable. What more could you want? One example on containercity.com shows a small classroom addition assembled in a day!

6 Comments on “Container City”

1. 1 Sponbustion Magazine said at 4:18 am on April 14th, 2005:

Container Houses – The New Futuros?

Not everyone can be as lucky as Futuro Man, but there are alternatives out there. I will not claim that they are just as cool, but more practical and a fair bit cheaper at least.

In the midst of a variety of current day modular housing projects, Con…

2. 2 Scott Parmele said at 9:49 am on May 7th, 2006:

I am interested floor plans to some housing units. with retirement approching this is something I’m considering. features lounge to hold 8 persons, dining ,kitchenette, bathroom and 2 sleeping areas master and guest.

3. 3 George Headden said at 2:21 pm on July 14th, 2006:

I am an artist and i came up with the idea of building a home from shipping containers in 1994 when I was riding on the train in elizabeth new jersey and saw all the empty containers piled eight high along the rail road about four miles from Port Elizabeth which is one of the nations biggest container ports in the nation.
    I set down and drew plans of a container house but being on disability it was only a thought at the time.
    I guess you could say I was one of the first to design a home of this kind.
    Someday I will build one from my plans.
    George.

4. 4 George Headden said at 2:21 pm on July 14th, 2006:

I guess you could say I was one of the first to design a home of this kind.
    Someday I will build one from my plans.
    George.

5. 5 Sonja said at 6:38 pm on August 6th, 2006:

We are ready to build a waterfront home on a bay and a house from shipping containers sounds like a good idea. Where do you get the plans to build one?

6. 6 luis said at 7:44 pm on December 21st, 2006:

we build over ISO shipping container. Check our website http://www.habitainer.net for resources, and http://www.habitainer.com on solutions.

Best Regards,