Future Feeder » Blog Archive » Lifestraw
Use your widget sidebars in the admin Design tab to change this little blurb here. Add the text widget to the Blurb Sidebar!

Lifestraw

August 19th, 2005 | Filed under: Design, Fabrication Tech, Health, Social, Sustainability, Urbanism | 20 Comments »

Lifestraw is a $2 water filtration device contained in a straw currently under development by Torben Vestergaard Frandsen, Rob Fleuren and Moshe Frommer. The straw is composed of two textile filters and iodine impregnated beads. There are several similar devices on the market like the Frontier™ Emergency Water Filter System , but none as efficient or with profoundly world changing potential as the Lifestraw.

Thanks, Pete.

20 Comments on “Lifestraw”

1. 1 alba da acruz said at 6:50 am on September 30th, 2005:

Hello,
    i would like to know what is the minimum order i could do, for what price including shipping to France. i have a small association in Brazil, with few money…
    Thanks,
    Alba

2. 2 Azhar Zaidi said at 1:39 pm on October 6th, 2005:

I am the President of Pakistan Rural Aid Foundation and working on Provision of Clean water to the masses. In think we are the best test of the life straw if we can get about 50 to 100 pieces, to be used by the Community Based Organizations all over Pakistan including the Northern Areas. We are of the view that this is the centuries best invention.

We would like to know has this gadget been marketed yet?

If not how can we get few samples.

Best Regards

Azhar

3. 3 MONDY PIERRE said at 11:08 am on October 25th, 2005:

We are the main company in Madagascar involved in healfh and laboratory equipments.
    Your product “Lifestraw”presents a big interest for us because we are very often asked for problem of potability water.
    Our area zone is Madagascar and Comores Islands.
    Would you be so kind as to indicate us how we can work together in the distribution and representation of your item.
    Awaiting your reply.
    Sincerely.
    Pierre MONDY
    Managing Director

4. 4 ry said at 11:00 pm on December 30th, 2005:

i want to buy a life straw. i need one i keep getting sick from the water in the calorado stream. the river. i want water. Im 17 and im sick of my tap water but i dont have a filtering system in my house. i want a life straw now. release it in 2006. im not waiting. I need fresh water and i need it now. i have done a lot for these so called katreena vitims. my grand parent gave 2000 dollars and it helped and i gave 100$$ and this is what i get for helping vitims. I want a life straw. i need a life straw . ill offer you 10$$$$ for the prototype and i want 10 life straws. i need one right now. my tap water taste like dead fish that sat in a freezer for 5 years. i want a lifestraw and i want one now. fine be mean to me and ill wont ever give u any money for any victim. peace. world peace.

5. 5 ry said at 11:04 pm on December 30th, 2005:

help other be sides those in need of water. ineed fresh pur clean sheer tasting water. i want sheer water. from the best thing on the market. that would be a lifestraw. give me one.

6. 6 Mark Ulmen said at 10:39 am on January 18th, 2006:

I need one to drink my boyfriends juices. I keep getting sick so maybe this will help!

7. 7 Kadar Hussein said at 10:36 am on May 5th, 2006:

Hi! I would like to know more about the lifestraw. The price of it, and what is the minimum amount I can purchase. I work closely with NGO company based in Africa, and I would like to give them as a donation. So can give to the suffering kids in Africa.

8. 8 Carol Wright said at 1:10 am on May 12th, 2006:

I have searched LifeStraw a lot and can’t find how to get one (or a million) yet. Obviously, some organizations have used them in Pakistan and other places, but it seems there should be a way to actually order them and get this great product out there. Think what it would have been like to have these at the New Orleans superdome during Katrina! Live in Earthquake Country here, and would love to have our region stockpile these straws.

9. 9 Alex Ching said at 6:35 am on August 26th, 2006:

Dear Sir,
    My company–OCEAN ENVIRO-TCH COMPANY — incorprorated in HONG KONG SAR.
    We are dearling with environmental products in HONG KONG, CHINA and THE PHILIPINES—WE have good contacts in the above areas.
    we would like to market your LIFESTRAW in CHINA and THE PHILIPPINES– some of the areas in thses too countries have no water facilities and even the water in the big cities are contaminaated.
    Please let me know if we can market your good products.
    Your early eply is very much appreciated.
    Thank you very much.
    Alex Ching
    OCEAN ENVIRO-TECH COMPANY

10. 10 so1818 said at 9:08 pm on December 13th, 2006:

Hi,
    I would like to know how I can buy this Lifestraw ??

11. 11 david stoikes said at 6:08 pm on December 21st, 2006:

can the straw be purchased?

12. 12 Teri Maier said at 12:06 pm on January 30th, 2007:

Hi,
    Can you tell me how to order Lifestraw online or by phone?
    Teri Maier

13. 13 Bridget said at 11:46 pm on March 4th, 2007:

I am raising money for this cause, but i would like to buy them my self, and seld the,=m my self and i dont know how to. Please tell me where i can order or purchase lifestraw.

Thank you.

13 yr old Bridget

14. 14 JOHN said at 2:47 pm on March 23rd, 2007:

I am doing a project on lifestraw and I would like to have an example to show the effectivness of it. If i could know how to purchase or obtain one. thank you

15. 15 Tilly said at 5:53 pm on April 3rd, 2007:

I am wondering where we can purchase the life straw, is there a minimum amount that need to be purchased with each order and what is the cost for this.
    Thank you.
    Tilly Morrison

16. 16 John said at 12:10 am on June 29th, 2008:

I believe this is all hype and fraud. There is nowhere to buy product and no one is using it. In fact, the only “review” is http://www.filtastraw.org.uk/test/lifestraw_user_rep.pdf which is a site owned by lifestraw. All the pictures of so-called people using it are only on life straw’s sites and they are all the same few photos. All the advertisement and blogs regarding lifestraw are up to three years old, yet the product is not available anywhere. I even went to Vestergaard Frandsen’s website and clicked the donate button and nothing happened. If this so called invention were real, trust me, there would be no stopping major companies like Joes and camping world and the thousands of internet sites etc that cater to the millions of backpackers, campers and survivalists in the world, from getting their hands on these things and selling them. The one site that came up on Google search that listed this “ghost” device is the error code “404” URL not in service. Another site is “Life box” which asks for donations – http://www.life-box.org.uk/node/11 and life straw will be kept in their warehouse until needed.
    “Answer: How can I order a box. Boxes are bought with a donation of £250. We fill a box that will bear your name and will be stored in our warehouse for despatch when needed.” If you read carefully, you will see it is a scam – probably really a lifestraw site anyway. The same is true for the Sulis ppd – apparantly this is a device that is awaiting mass manufacturing but so far, doesn’t really exist because money is needed to produce it. Look elsewhere folks. These are only prototypes if that and are not available to anyone. I am posting this on all the sites I see about these two products.

17. 17 Stephen D'Costa said at 11:45 am on March 19th, 2009:

Dear Sir,

We are working on a development project and need to supply 5600 lifestraw family pack.
    Can you please advise us the cost of the same and advise us delivery time.

The product need to be either send by USPS services to APO AE 09331, Camp Tallil, Iraq.

Alternatively you can just quote for us ex-usa and we could have the product couriered by FEDEX to our destination.

Kindly advise us your air freight charges or alternatively we shall arrange delivery if you provide us FOB address.
    Regards,

Stephen D’Costa
    President & CEO
    American Logistics

18. 18 me said at 7:47 am on November 3rd, 2009:

im doing a project for school on helping africa and i cant find the price for this product. the personal lifestraw on all websites it says costs 2-3 dollars and on the official website it says to donate one you need 6.50. i also cant find the price for lifestraw family anywhere. wtf.

19. 19 Liang said at 2:34 pm on December 14th, 2009:

Hi I would to get 100 of these products. Would you please let me know where to buy them? I live in Canada.

Thanks.

20. 20 shakeel hussain said at 7:07 pm on September 19th, 2010:

Dear Sir With great wishes

It is stated that our whole family is suffering due to unclean water and having kidney problems.
    Kindly let me inform for the sake of our lives from where I can buy this LIFESTRAW?
    Is this available in Pakistan then let me know if not then tell me from where I can buy this.
    God bless on you always