Future Feeder » Blog Archive » Elegant Embellishments

Elegant Embellishments

October 22nd, 2006 | Filed under: Architecture, Health, Sustainability | 6 Comments »

elegant-embellishments.jpg

Elegant Embellishments is developing a decorative, three-dimensional architectural tile that can be installed quickly to reduce air pollution in urban environments. The tiles provide councils, developers, and designers with the ability to rapidly improve urban environments in terms of air quality and visual appeal.

via wmmna

6 Comments on “Elegant Embellishments”

1. 1 Nathan said at 6:51 am on October 31st, 2006:

How the hell does it reduce air pollution?
    Smell that: that’s the smell of snake oil and ink on middle of the harbour plots of land.. 🙂

I’ve read their site and can’t see how it does anything except produce air pollution because it’s gotta be manufactured..

2. 2 binary said at 7:24 am on November 1st, 2006:

Elegant Embellishments? Change the name at least, sounds pretentious enough. urban environments constitute the rich and the poor and this is taking a step already in the bad direction starting with the name, doesnt sound like something that would appeal to the common man way too lofty. The word elegant is overused anyways.

3. 3 ian said at 4:02 pm on December 6th, 2006:

My guess is that they use a sort of CO2 absorbtion technology to create a new material – calcium carbonate. I’ve read about this elsewhere, but I agree it seems a little hokey and silly not to actually tell us, even in simple terms, how the process works.

4. 4 ucakkurzxg said at 10:20 am on January 12th, 2007:

Hello guys! I have some questions. I mean need some help.
    Where i can read more about this problema?
    Please, don’t derect me to http://google.com i know about it.
    Please derect me with some links.
    thanks!
    UCAKK^^

5. 5 Japhy said at 4:55 pm on January 12th, 2007:

Who cares if it reduces air pollution?

It’s beautiful.

Opening people’s minds has got to be just as important as saving the Earth!

6. 6 normangaz said at 10:08 am on January 13th, 2007:

Hi again guys! Nice site and forum.
    I need some help where i can read more about this problema?
    I tried http://google.com , but with no succes.
    Please help me.